In addition to your riding suit, a proper helmet is a must – skull caps and half-shells do not comply with the regulations of the countries we will be traveling through.
Be ready for anything. Packing list for all situations:
- winter liners, long underwear
- rain gear
- winter gloves, summer gloves
- motorcycle boots, winter socks
- comfortable shoes for sightseeing
- balaclava, scarf
- thin down or fleece jacket to wear under your riding suit
- SPF 30+ sunscreen, lip balm
- sleeping bag liner (thin silk sleeping bag)
- first-aid kit and meds
- special tools specific to your bike
- GPS or smartphone cradle on your bike
- waterproof panniers
You won’t need some of these items in the Uzbek desert heat, but you’ll be grateful for them on the Tibetan plateau at over 5,000 meters altitude on a cloudy day.