Important details on our motorcycle tours
Goa & Southern India Tours
For those of you based in central Europe, there a quite a few charter flights from the UK and Scandinavia, or Germans this are the best flights to Goa:
7 times a week QATAR AIRWAYS is offering direct flights from many Eurpean citys via Doha drectly to Goa. All detals under www.qatarairways.com or from your travel agent.
For an inexpensive alternative, check out SriLankan Airlines' flights via Colombo.
Rajasthan Palace Tours
Check out our selection of Palace Hotels for the Palace Tour here. Feel free to compare our hotels in Rajasthan to those of other tour operators!
Ladakh / Zanskar & Little Tibet Tours
The domestic flights from Delhi to Leh and back or Kullu to Delhi are included in the Ladakh Overland and Zanskar & Ladakh expeditions.
All Ladakh and Zanskar tours now include an optional overnight trip to Agra to see the Taj Mahal on the last days.
Sikkim & Bhutan
The domestic flights from Delhi to Bagdogra (near Darjeeling) at the start of the tour and from Guwanti, Assam back to Delhi at the end are included in the price of the tour. From 2011 we extent the tour by one day, to visit and stay overnight at the Pubjika Valley of the Black Crane at Darcha, a new highlight of Bhutan.
Bhutan Highlights Tour
The new 10-day Bhutan Tour starts and ends in Paro, Bhutan. Our flights from Calcutta to Paro and back with the Bhutanese airline DRUK are included in the price of the tour.
Weâ€™ll be waiting for you at the airport in India or Nepal the moment you arrive. Kick back and relax while we handle everything else.
The following services are always included in our tours:
- All airport transfers by bus or taxi in India, Nepal and Bhutan
- With the exception of our tent camps in the Himalayas, all hotel accommodations consist of double rooms with bath/WC.
- late-model Enfield Bullet 500cc rental motorcycle with electric start and gearshift on the left, yellow all-India rental registration number plate and special insurance for rental vehicles (EUR 500.00 deductible), disk brake, touring gear and saddle bags
- A guaranteed seat in our escort jeep for all passengers
- Breakfast and evening meals without drinks (alcoholic beverages not included) during the tour; breakfast only in Goa
- Welcome information meeting
- Warm-up tour with the bike (introduction to Enfield handling and the basics of riding in India)
and a special farewell dinner
- Experienced, English-speaking guides (our Road Captains) throughout the tour
- Support by highly-skilled Indian motorcycle mechanics, luggage and spare part transport in the escort jeep, all admission fees (not including photo and video permits)
- Road and bridge tolls, all special road, bridge and travel fees, inner border line permits, etc.
- Fuel and oil throughout all tours (except for Tropical South India tours)
- Road maps and travel information (copies), library of guide books and background information
- First-aid kit in jeep, including a basic selection of essential medical supplies
Our guides are trained in first aid for motorcycle accidents by German physicians.
- Return flight reconfirmation
Visa fees and airport security fees for the return flight (India: generally included in the ticket price; Nepal: approx. EUR 16.00), if not already collected by the airline
Adequate travel insurance to cover your luggage and possible accidents, illness, return transportation needs (urgently recommended!)
Alcoholic beverages, bottled water, lunch and snacks, tips, personal telephone charges and personal purchases.
Personal riding gear (protective clothing, helmet, backpack and flashlight) For Himalaya and Nepal tours, please bring your own sleeping bag, and if desired, a Thermarest or similar mat. Simple bed mats will be provided.
Our fleet consists entirely of new Royal Enfields with electric starters, 5-speed gearboxes and gearshifts on the left. These modified 2008 and 2009-model 500cc Royal Enfield Bullets are standard on all of our tours. If you prefer, we can still provide classic models with kickstarters and gearshifts on the right. Weâ€™ll need advance notice, however.
All of our Enfields are equipped with full touring gear, including a front disk brake, dual horns, crash guards and roomy, rugged leather saddlebags. They also feature yellow all-India rental registration number plates and special insurance for rental vehicles.